I’m going to share the recipe of one of my favourite dishes of all time, risotto with radicchio and taleggio. It’s simply sublime, especially in autumn (or winter, in the summer it might be a bit heavy).
For four people:
- 120 grams of radicchio
- 120 grams of taleggio cheese
- 2 liters of vegetable broth
- Olive oil
- 2 shallots (or a normal onion)
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 320 grams of carnaroli rice (or arborio, other risotto rice)
- 2 deciliters of white wine
- Clean the radicchio, discarding the outer leaves and slice it coarsely. Wash and dry it with a clean cloth or a salad spinner, chop it coarsely.
- Remove the crust from the taleggio and crumble it.
- Heat the broth.
- Chop the shallots very finely and fry them in oil until golden.
- Add the rice to the pan and toast them for a minute, stirring constantly.
- Add the wine and let it evaporate completely, stirring constantly.
- Add boiling broth incrementally to the rice, stirring occasionally, as it gets absorbed by the rice while cooking.
- About 5 minutes before the rice is done, add the radicchio.
- Stir continuously until the rice is ready and the moisture is more or less absorbed (not dry though!).
- Stir in the crumbles of taleggio.
- Turn off the heat, and keep covered for a couple of minutes before serving.