Fiepblatter Catalogue

I’m a big fan of Mouse on Mars member Jan St. Werner’s work for many years, ever since discovering MoM more or less 20 years ago. When starting to listen to his solo output however, I realized it was even more to my taste than his famous duo. When working on his own, he makes the kind of uncompromising, unapologetic, electroacoustic music that I find deeply stimulating.

Since a few years now, Jan has been releasing a series of solo works which he has dubbed the Fiepblatter Catalogue. I loved the debut of the series , Blaze Colour Burn, and have been voraciously grabbing every Fiepblatter issue since. Installation #6 was recently released - Glottal Wolpertinger - and I’ve listened to it many times over since. As I was reminded of the brilliance of the Fiepblatter Catalogue, I decided to dedicate a thread to it in this forum.

Fiepblatter Catalogue #1

Fiepblatter Catalogue #2

Fiepblatter Catalogue #3

Fiepblatter Catalogue #4

Fiepblatter Catalogue #5

Fiepblatter Catalogue #6

1 Like

Jan St. Werner will be having a Fiepblatter night at ausland on March 14! He even brings Olivia Block, who is an old friend of Experimental Berlin, and Peter Rehberg, the leader of Editions Mego, which has influenced me since the early 2000s. As if that weren’t enough, there’s going to be a film screening, a lecture and a book presentation! Gonna be a night like no other, I think! Definitely have to make it out to ausland for this…